Applications open until 19th of April to join our Ecosystem Journey to Berlin from 7-10 June
The AfricaBerlin Network together with Berlin Partner and the Global Innovation Gathering are looking for active, impact-driven ecosystem Thought Leaders, Entrepreneurs and Experts for a 4-day trip to Berlin, Germany, for cross-cultural knowledge exchange and network building.
The AfricaBerlin Network is a collective platform connecting startup ecosystems across Africa and Europe. Through workshops, events, and expert trips, the network enables relationship-building among ecosystem stakeholders.
We are bringing together ecosystem leaders from 4 rapidly growing African Startup ecosystems to exchange expertise and get to know the Berlin startup ecosystem with the goal of identifying gaps, exploring strategic partnerships and setting up collaborative partnerships across the 5 ecosystems. The one week trip will feature expert sessions, workshops and networking sessions.
If you are a startup ecosystem expert, entrepreneur, changemaker, or innovator in your field and are looking to become part of an inspiring network or scale your business internationally – apply as an expert and join us in Berlin!
What will the week look like?
- Ecosystem introductions and workshops
- Roundtable sessions & exchange of best practices with relevant partners and stakeholders from the Berlin Ecosystem
- Network building activities
- 1:1 meetings with relevant stakeholders tailored to you
- Ecosystem tour and visits to local innovation hubs
- Attending the re:publica, Europe’s largest digital society festival
|Ecosystems Talks & Workshops|
|Attend re:publica festival|
Innovation Hub Visit & Inspiration Talks
|Attend the re:publica Festival|
|Networking Breakfast at Berlin Partner|
Private Talks & re:publica festival
- Exposure to the Berlin startup ecosystem
- Opportunity to create partnerships across Europe & Africa and expand into new global markets
- Building connections with key stakeholders and players across different startup ecosystems, including one-on-one sessions and during workshops
- Taking part in the re:publica festival in Berlin
Flights and accommodation for 5 nights in Berlin are covered.
- You must be actively involved in your ecosystem either as an entrepreneur or ecosystem enabler for at least three years with a demonstrable impact-driven track record.
- You are based in Egypt, Ghana, Kenya or South Africa.
- Your business or expertise is focused in tech or digitalization.
- Able to benefit from international partnerships and expansion and global partnerships at your current stage of business or career development.
- Able to lead a content session based on your expertise.
- You should be working in or supporting any of the following sectors: FinTech, SocialTech, IoT, Circular Economy, Green Energy, Mobility, AI, Data Analytics, Hardware, AgriTech.
- You must be able to travel to Berlin this June and meet all criteria for eligibility for a Schengen Visa in your country, including but not limited to:
- Having a valid passport at least until December 2022
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an EU-authorized vaccine (You can find out more details on the website of the German Embassy in your country.)
We will provide you with the necessary documents needed for your visa application. You will be responsible for acquiring the visa and covering the visa costs.
During the trip, we will respectfully ask you to adhere to all regulations and safety restrictions including: Full vaccination, wearing masks indoors at all times, daily tests.
- After reviewing all applications, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a zoom interview.
- 12 finalists from Egypt, Ghana, Kenya and South Africa will be selected and invited as experts.
Application deadline: Tuesday, the 19th of April at 11:59 PM (CET).